Creating a health dashboard by hacking intelligence into an AOpen (the ‘A’ for ancient) monitor; with metrics aggregated by Graphite and beautifully displayed with Grafana.
Let’s get some simple objectives and materials down before I change my mind.
That way, I’ll have a post to update when I do.
- All hardware must be contained within the AOpen monitor.
- Monitor should remain mountable.
- Minimal power consumption from new hardware.
- Minimal heat dissipation from new hardware.
- Hardware (compute) should be sufficient to load a live Grafana dashboard.
- Audio playback though integrated speakers for alarms (optional).
- Switchable to secondary input (optional).
- AOpen F55LS Monitor
- Raspberry Pi Zero
- Mini-HDMI to VGA (short)
- USB to USB/Ethernet hub
- 1V/5A USB Wall Charger
- USB to USB Micro B cable (short)
- USB Micro B to USB (female, short)
* no guarantees that any of these links will remain functional